Oceanography and Coastal Sciences from Louisiana State University student in the Department must complete a minor requirement. This requirement can be met in one of two ways. Other departments offer “official” minors that are satisfied by successfully completing a specific number or set of courses within the offerings of that department. This is usually a total of 12 semester hours.
Students at Oceanography and Coastal Sciences from Louisiana State University will:
- apply physical, biological and geological oceanography and coastal science research
- press issues such as coastal land loss, fisheries management, and environmental hazards.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Toxicology of Aquatic Environments
- Concepts in Marine Ecotoxicology
- Dynamical Oceanography
- Ecology and Management of Tropical Estuaries
- Oceanographic Data Analysis
- Applied Coastal Plant Ecology
- Global Climate Change and Wetlands
- Marine Isotope Biogeochemistry
- Marine Geochemistry
- Coastal Physical/Chemical Systems: Analytical Methods
- Biogeochemistry of Wetland Soils and Sediments
- Satellite Oceanography
- Environmental Optics
- Harmful Algal Blooms
- Marine Ecology
- Preparing for Studies of Fish and Other Aquatic Resources
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography Hydrology & Water Management Environmental Sciences View 21 other PhDs in Geography in United States
- A completed online Application for Admission.
- A nonrefundable application fee which should be paid online
- Transcripts from all accredited universities attended verifying and documenting graduation
- TOEFL scores (for international students only),
- Three letters of recommendation
- Applicants must score at least 300 on the GRE general test (verbal plus quantitative scores) and a GRE writing score of 4.0 or greater. In addition, GRE scores should not be more than 5 years old.
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0 is required for admission.
International29456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29456 USD per year during 36 months.
National29456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29456 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State12541 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12541 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Baton Rouge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.