Social Work from Louisiana State University prepares the next generation of social work educators, researchers, administrators, and policy-makers to contribute to the creation of the knowledge base of our profession.
Students at Social Work from Louisiana State University will:
- learn about the historical and contemporary contexts of social work research, focusing on the nature of research questions posed and the methods used to address these
- learn to critically analyze the quality and merits of social work research in a variety of substantive areas
- produce original research relevant to the field of social work, including the framing of research questions, synthesis of the existing relevant literature, the use of appropriate methods to investigate answers to research questions, and the analysis, synthesis, and interpretation of data
- translate learning to practice, especially through preparation for teaching beginning social work professionals.
- Social Welfare and Social Work
- Social Work with Individuals and Families
- Social Work Groups
- Human Behavior Social Environment
- Policies and Strategies of Community Intervention
- Social Work Practice
- Integrative Practice Seminar
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Applications received after March 1 will be considered on a space-available basis.
DisciplinesSocial Work Public Health Health Sciences View 35 other PhDs in Social Work in United States
- One official copy of all transcripts in sealed envelopes (all transcripts are required, whether or not credit was earned or is desired);
- Three letters of reference on forms provided by the School of Social Work
- One sample of scholarly/professional writing
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with typical liberal arts, social sciences, introductory statistics, and human biology courses
- A GPA in graduate studies of at least 3.00
- Acceptable scores on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- English Language Proficiency
- Letters of Recommendation
International29456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29456 USD per year during 36 months.
National29456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29456 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State12541 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12541 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Baton Rouge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.