The Executive Ed.D. Higher Education Leadership program from University of Miami, is guided by a practitioner-scholar model that combines theoretical offerings with application to practical higher education problems. Students focus on areas of special interest and choose dissertation projects that address issues confronting the contemporary higher education workplace.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will grasp the basics of social science research on issues in higher education and demonstrate skills in asking effective research questions, developing sound methodology and conducting appropriate analyses.
- Students will effectively apply knowledge of leadership theory, research and best practices to problems of practice in higher education.
- Students will master all doctoral dissertation components as demonstrated through communication effectiveness – written and oral deliveries – at quality academic and professional levels.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Organization and Administration of Higher Education I
- Higher Education in the United States: From Harvard to Present
- Student Diversity in American Higher Education
- Organization of Higher Education II: Governance, Leadership and Finance
- College Student Development: Theory, Research and Practice
- Enrollment Management: Theory and Practice
- Advanced Seminar in Enrollment Management
- Seminar in Higher Education Administration: Contemporary Issues
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Adult Education Teaching View 61 other Masters in Teaching in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- achieve acceptable scores on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) taken within the past five years. International applicants whose native language is not English or applicants whose degrees are from a non-U.S. University must pass the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing Systems (IELTS) and the GRE;
- provide official transcripts showing completion of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and an acceptable undergraduate grade point average.
- provide three letters of recommendation that address the issues and meet the criteria established by the program being applied to;
- provide a personal statement that addresses the mission and purpose of the program being applied to;
- take part in an admissions interview (required by some programs); and
International2170 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2170 USD per credit during 36 months.
National2170 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2170 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.