The Ph.D. in Agricultural and Resource Economics at Colorado State University consists of 72 credits plus a substantial work of original research in the form of a dissertation. Completion of the Ph.D. in Agricultural and Resource Economics generally signifies a mastery of advanced microeconomic theory and quantitative methods, with a particular expertise in either agricultural economics or natural resource and environmental economics.
Ph.D. graduates are experts in applied economics and are trained to develop and execute innovative research programs, teach undergraduate and graduate level economics courses, and present theoretical and applied economic concepts and results to a wide variety of audiences. Graduates of this program have gone on to succeed in a variety of positions at universities, in the public institution sector (e.g. USDA, ERS), and private enterprises including consulting firms.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Microeconomic Theory
- Methodology of Economic Research
- Optimization Methods for Applied Economics
- Econometric Theory
- Microeconomic Analysis
- Advanced Methods in Applied Economics
- Quantitative Methods for Economists
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
The deadline to be granted full consideration for departmental funding is February 15. The deadline to be granted full consideration for admission is May 1.
DisciplinesEconomics Natural Resource Management Agriculture View 20 other Masters in Agriculture in United States
- One official transcript of all collegiate work completed post-high school. Additionally separate transcripts are not required for study abroad credits if the GPA and credits are recorded on the transcript of the university that sponsored the study abroad experience. CSU transcripts are not required. Training course transcripts from branches of the U.S. military that show credit received with neither grades nor degrees awarded are exempt from the transcript requirement.
- Test scores such as GRE or GMAT, if required by department, should be submitted with institution code 4075.
- Regardless of citizenship, applicants may be required to demonstrate proof of English language proficiency, if they do not have a degree from an institution where the primary language of instruction is English.
International30858 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30858 USD per year and a duration of .
National30858 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30858 USD per year and a duration of .
In-State15130 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15130 USD per year and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.