You may be involved in the design and regulatory approval of advanced medical technologies, as well as the manufacturing of health care products. Funding opportunities include research or teaching assistantships and fellowships. Lab rotations, funded as graduate research assistantships, are available for top Ph.D. candidates and offer a one-year opportunity for students to rotate through research labs within the School of Biomedical Engineering to find the ideal match of research project and advisor for their dissertation research.
The Ph.D. in Bioengineering at Colorado State University curriculum includes core courses in advanced mathematics and statistics, biomedical engineering, and biotechnology, as well as technical electives chosen from numerous engineering and life science courses. The curriculum is designed to provide flexibility and support your research specialty. You will also be required to complete a Ph.D. qualifying process, present your research plan in a preliminary exam, and defend your completed research in a final exam/dissertation defense.
Strengths of the program include:
- Opportunities to develop major advances in the health care field
- Nationally and internationally recognized faculty from over a dozen departments
- Practical and academic experience with regulatory issues and approval processes with animal and human subjects
- Conducting research in state-of-the-art facilities, including the nationally renowned Veterinary Teaching Hospital
- Community of innovators on the cutting edge of research in cancer, orthopaedics, cardiovascular disease, nanotechnology, biosensors, and more
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biomolecular Tools for Engineers
- Methods in Cell and Molecular Biology: Mammalian Cell Culture Techniques
- Methods in Cell and Molecular Biology: Immunochemical Techniques
- Methods in Cell and Molecular Biology: Radiation Cytogenetics
- Methods in Cell and Molecular Biology: Flow Cytometry and Cell Sorting
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology General Engineering & Technology View 118 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- One official transcript of all collegiate work completed post-high school. Additionally separate transcripts are not required for study abroad credits if the GPA and credits are recorded on the transcript of the university that sponsored the study abroad experience. CSU transcripts are not required
- For full consideration into any of the School of Biomedical Engineering graduate programs, applicants must have completed Calculus 1, 2, and 3, Physics 1 and 2 (calculus-base preferred), Ordinary Differential Equations, a semester of Life Science, and have a GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
International30858 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30858 USD per year and a duration of .
National30858 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30858 USD per year and a duration of .
In-State15130 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15130 USD per year and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.