The research groups at Mathematics Research at King's College London organise regular seminars, where top-ranking scientists from around the world present new results, which our research students can witness firsthand. The students also organise their own informal seminars and discussion groups. The lively environment and the exceptionally friendly atmosphere at our department contribute to the high success rate of our students. You can apply for supervision in all fields of interest of our staff members. The department provides funding for PhD students to attend suitable schools and conferences during their studies.
Joint PhD programme
- Exciting opportunities are now available to undertake a joint PhD programme with the University of Hong Kong or the Humboldt University of Berlin.
Programme StructureCourse study environment
- You will be assigned a supervisor with whom you will work closely. You will also attend research seminars and take part in other research related activities in your research group, the department and more widely in the University of London.
- The department does not specify fixed attendance hours, but we expect a good level of attendance, and our research students benefit from informal interaction with each other. You will be provided with working and storage space, as well as a computer. On arrival you will discuss your research programme with your supervisor, and you will attend general induction sessions.
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMathematics View 51 other PhDs in Mathematics in United Kingdom
- Bachelor’s degree with 1st class or 2:1 honours. Those applying for the joint degree are encouraged to contact an academic at King's to develop research links with the partner institution. Candidates may also be interviewed.
International21870 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21870 GBP per year during 36 months.
National5820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5820 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.