Texas State’s location provides an ideal site for a doctoral program in criminal justice. Situated in the heart of Central Texas, the university is near the state criminal justice agencies for law enforcement, criminal courts, and corrections with access to the managers and executives in these agencies.
The goals of the Criminal Justice program from Texas State University include preparing students to:
- assume leadership roles in academic, public policy and administrative positions in criminal justice
- identify ways for theory and research on crime, law and public policy to be used in the planning, development and implementation of public and private responses to crime
- balance research skills with theoretically informed policy analysis so as to address challenges in a rapidly changing criminal justice system
These goals are pursued in the context of a broad university curriculum that provides a foundation of knowledge necessary to function in a challenging world.
Advanced Criminological Theory
Linear Regression for Criminal Justice Research
Applied Statistics and Quantitative Data Analysis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesCriminal Law Legal Studies View 17 other PhDs in Criminal Law in United States
- baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university
- master's degree in criminal justice or a related field from a regionally accredited university
- a copy of an official transcript from each institution where course credit was granted
- minimum 3.5 GPA in all completed graduate course work
- official GRE (general test only) required with competitive scores in the verbal reasoning and quantitative reasoning sections
- statement of purpose describing your personal history and life goals that are relevant to obtaining a doctoral degree
- three letters of recommendation indicating your skills and capacity to be successful in the Ph.D. program
International19507 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 765 USD per credit during 24 months.
National19507 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 765 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State9103 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 357 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for San Marcos
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.