The Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Industrial and Systems Engineering (ISE) from North Carolina Agricultural & Technical State University prepares students for successful careers as teachers, researchers, and leaders in academia, industry and the public sector.
The program emphasizes the systems engineering, collaboration and engagement skills critical to addressing the complex societal problems of tomorrow. ISE graduate students tackle these problems in a supportive environment working with nationally-recognized faculty.
A discipline that traces its roots to the Industrial Revolution, IES today includes a wide variety of occupational areas ranging from manufacturing to healthcare institutions. Our outstanding faculty and academic advisors will help ensure that whatever career focus you choose, you'll be fully prepared for impact in the workplace.
Programme StructureProgram Outcomes:
- The Doctor of Philosophy in Industrial and Systems Engineering program will prepare graduates to Demonstrate broad knowledge of industrial and systems engineering sub-disciplines and deep knowledge of a specific sub-discipline.
- Effectively teach industrial and systems engineering methods and tools.
- Independently perform research with mentoring from a faculty member.
- Decompose systems into component parts and logically model and evaluate using mathematical, statistical and computational tools.
- Construct and improve integrated systems or processes consisting of people, materials, information, equipment and energy considering life cycle factors.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 19 other PhDs in Industrial & Systems Engineering in United States
- At least one degree in Engineering or Computer Science;
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Computer Science from an ABET accredited program with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above or Master of Science degree in a discipline related to Industrial & Systems Engineering with a cumulative GPA of 3.3;
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) Aptitude Exam score.
International75658 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2193 USD per credit during 24 months.
National20458 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 593 USD per credit during 24 months.
per 1-2 credit Hours
Living costs for Greensboro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.