The School of Plant Science s has a long-standing tradition of excellence in plant science research. The large faculty has diverse research interests ranging from horticulture to genomics and microbiology to evolution. As part of the BIO5 Institute, our faculty are closely associated with colleagues in the Colleges of Engineering, Pharmacy, and Medicine.
This diversity is translated into our graduate curriculum, where students gain a broad understanding of all aspects of plant science while retaining the ability to specialize.
Students also benefit from regular opportunities to meet scientists from across the country and around the world. An emphasis on critical thinking and written and oral communication prepares students for a wide variety of 21st century careers in academia and beyond, including positions as university faculty, research scientists, plant breeders, consultants, science writers, teachers, or science lawyer/patent officers, among many others.
The Plant Science program is offered at University of Arizona .
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mechanisms of Plant Development
- Plant Biochemistry and Metabolic Engineering
- Genetic and Molecular Networks or approved equivalent
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHorticulture Plant & Crop Sciences View 6 other Masters in Horticulture in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
In addition to materials requested by the Graduate College, the following items will be required for upload as part of the application process:
• A letter describing the applicant’s background, previous experience, and research interests (Statement of Purpose). It is very important to contact potential mentors (faculty members in SPLS) before applying. In doing so, the applicant should ask whether the faculty member will take students on this admission cycle, and whether they have funding to support a student. Please indicate that you have contacted these faculty members, and indicate the nature of their responses, in your letter/statement of purpose.
• Three letters of recommendation
• Official Transcripts (click here for transcript requirements)
• International students- Proof of English Proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10063 USD per semester during 12 months.
National20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10063 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State11938 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5969 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.