The Doctor of Philosophy in Management - Management Information Systems from University of Arizona is rigorous with an aim to train and prepare students to be critical and creative independent thinkers. An MIS Ph.D. gives students the ability to perform critical analysis of existing work, and to undertake research studies to advance academic understanding in the MIS field in the course of their Ph.D. studies and in their subsequent career.
The Ph.D. degree in Management with a major in Management Information Systems (MIS) is designed to prepare students for teaching and research careers involving the design, analysis, implementation and operation of computer-based information systems and other associated organizational and economic issues. MIS involves the use of computers in organizations and the integration of computer skills with the functional areas of management.
The MIS Ph. D. program starts with a solid foundation in research methodology. Building on this, it offers a unique synthesis of state of the art technologies and approaches from Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Economics, Operations Management, Groupware, and Socio-technical networks, to name a few.
Our premier faculty stands ready to mentor students and guide their entry into the many possible avenues of MIS scholarly pursuits. There is a mix of hands-on and theoretical work: the students learn how to implement, deploy and evaluate business information systems that are of interest to academia and industry alike.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Enterprise Database Management
- Design Science Research Methodologies
- Behavioral Research Methodologies
- Economics of Information Systems
- Topics in Data and Web Mining
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Informatics & Information Sciences Technology Management View 28 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- For domestic students a Bachelor's degree from an regionally accredited college or university. For international students an US comparable Bachelor's degree.
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.00 or higher
- Copies of GMAT or GRE scores (uploaded during online application process)
- Official GMAT or GRE scores (test must have been taken within the last five years of intended term of enrollment. No score minimum)
- Copies of TOEFL scores (uploaded during online application process)
- Official TOEFL scores (for international applicants only who have not graduated from a US institution. Test must have been taken within two years of the intended term of enrollment. Minimum score of 90 internet based testing)
- Copies of official transcripts/academic records (uploaded during online application process)
- Official transcripts/academic records (official documents needed ONLY after being admitted into program.)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10063 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
National20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10063 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
In-State11938 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5969 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.