The Management - Management Information Systems program from University of Arizona is designed to prepare students for teaching and research careers involving the design, analysis, implementation and operation of computer-based information systems and other associated organizational and economic issues. MIS involves the use of computers in organizations and the integration of computing technologies within functional areas of a broad range of profit and non-profit organizations.
The MIS Ph.D. program starts with a solid foundation in research methodology. Building on this, it offers a unique synthesis of state-of-the-art technologies and approaches from Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Economics, Operations Management, Cognitive Science, and Socio-technical networks, to name a few.
Our premier faculty stands ready to mentor students and guide their entry into the many possible avenues of MIS scholarly pursuits. There is a mix of hands-on and theoretical work: the students learn how to implement, deploy, and evaluate information systems and technologies that are of interest to academia and industry alike.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Enterprise Database Management
- Design Science Research Methodologies
- Behavioral Research Methodologies
- Economics of Information Systems
- Data and Web Mining
- Readings in MIS
- Models for Quantitative Analysis
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Informatics & Information Sciences Artificial Intelligence View 128 other PhDs in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.00 or higher
- Copies of GMAT or GRE scores (uploaded during online application process)
- Official GMAT or GRE scores (test must have been taken within the last five years of intended term of enrollment. No score minimum)
- Copies of TOEFL scores (uploaded during online application process)
- Official TOEFL scores (for international applicants only who have not graduated from a US institution. Test must have been taken within two years of the intended term of enrollment. Minimum score of 90 internet based testing)
- Copies of official transcripts/academic records (uploaded during online application process)
- Official transcripts/academic records (official documents needed ONLY after being admitted into program.)
- Resume which includes work experience with dates of employment (uploaded during online application process)
- Three letters of recommendation (uploaded during online application process)
- Completed Graduate College Application
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 48 months.
National33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State13400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13400 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.