Faculty research interests span a broad range of fields and critical methods and include most of the major recent intellectual trends in literary study.
Faculty research and teaching concentrations include at least some of the following:
- American Studies
- Biblical and Classical Traditions
- Comparative and World Literatures, Globalization and Literary Studies
- Contemporary Literature
- Critical Theory
- Cultural Studies
- Dramatic Literature
- Environment and Ecocriticism
- Film, Media Studies, Visual Cultures
- Gender and Sexuality Studies
- Gothic Studies
- History and Theory of the Novel
- Literature and Contemplative Studies
- Literature and Philosophy
- Modernist Studies
- Native American Literatures and Culture
- Poetry and Poetics
- Postcolonial Studies
- Psychoanalytic Theory
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Students who have earned the Master of Arts degree from the literature program and passed the PhD Qualifying Exam must complete at least 15 units of 500-level or 600-level academic course work beyond the requirements for the MA, for a total of 45 units.
- At least 33 units (11 courses) of the 45 must be in regularly scheduled literature classes unless otherwise approved by the Program Director.
- Students who earned the MA degree in English elsewhere must complete a minimum of 30 units of course work; of these, at least 18 units (6 courses) must be in regularly scheduled literature classes, unless otherwise approved by the Program Director.
- The additional 15 units towards degree requirements will be transferred from the MA but coursework more than ten years old is not acceptable for meeting degree requirements.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 45 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Graduate College application
- Domicile Affidavit
- Application fee ($85), payable to the University of Arizona
- Curriculum Vita
- Statement of purpose
- Official copies of transcripts from all colleges attended-you may download unofficial on-line for review purposes
- Three academic letters of recommendation (your recommenders will be able to submit their letters through the online application system)
- Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores
- A writing sample
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10063 USD per semester during 12 months.
National20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10063 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State11938 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5969 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.