University of Arizona mining and geological engineering grad students are industrious, entrepreneurial, forward-thinking individuals with a deep understanding of the need to preserve the earth’s resources and protect the environment for generations to come. Grad students are developing extraction and processing methods, making mining safer and more efficient, converting mine waste into consumer products and advancing technology for mining operations.
UA mining and geological engineering grad programs provide a number of high-profile research opportunities in the following focus areas:
- Geophysical sensing techniques
- Mine health and safety
- Mineral and chemical characterization
- Mineral processing, geometallurgy and extractive metallurgy
- Mine technology and automation
- Rock strength, fracturing and excavation
- Sustainable mining and development
The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to devise and execute a program of study and research, which makes a fundamentally new contribution to the chosen field. The most important aspect of the Mining Geological - Geophysical Engineering program from University of Arizona is the dissertation, which is the evidence of this fundamental contribution. The student should be prepared for an often lengthy and certainly very demanding period of study beyond the master’s degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Seminar
- Mine Examination & Valuation
- Mineral Processing
- Equipment Operations Technology
- Underground Construction Geomechanics
- Solution Mining
- Mine Ventilation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesGeology General Engineering & Technology Mining, Oil & Gas
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Twelve or more graded units obtained as a graduate student.
- Applicant's undergraduate record comprised of their most recent 60 graded units OR
- A combination of the last 60 units of undergraduate and graduate coursework (2 year, full-time equivalent for non-US or non-semester type credit hours) when fewer than twelve units of graduate coursework have been completed
- On very rare and exceptional circumstances will a student be accepted through the graduate college with a GPA below a 3.0
- Prospective students holding a comparable bachelor's degree but not meeting the minimum 3.0 GPA requirement may still be eligible for admission as a Graduate Non-Degree seeking student.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year
National33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year
In-State13400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13400 USD per year
Living costs for Mexico City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.