The most important aspect of the doctoral program is the dissertation, which is the evidence of this fundamental contribution. The student of the Mining Geological - Geophysical Engineering program at University of Arizona should be prepared for an often lengthy and certainly very demanding period of study beyond the master’s degree.
A collection of facts and information, no matter how carefully organized or described, does not by itself constitute a Ph.D. dissertation. A Ph.D. dissertation research program will often make use of the contributions from a faculty advisor and others, but it should be clear exactly what creative contribution the Ph.D. candidate has made to the research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The Ph.D. dissertation must disclose:
- The development of new techniques, principles, or theories;
- The use of old established techniques, principles, or theories in a new and/or unique manner; and/or
- The use of new information and the discovery of new findings if it is described in terms of an original model or process.
- It should also lead to at least one significant paper published in a reviewed journal at the discretion of the advisor and program committee.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- January 15th to be eligible for first consideration of Teaching/Research Assistantships, Fellowship/scholarship or other funding. If you apply after the deadline you will still be considered for funding, if funding still remains.
DisciplinesGeology General Engineering & Technology Mining, Oil & Gas View 118 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A minimum grade-point average (GPA) of 3.00 based on a 4.00 scale, is required for admission to the Graduate College.
- Personal Statement
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Unofficial transcripts from ALL universities/colleges attended (Official transcripts will be required once admitted)
- GRE Scores
- TOEFL Scores (For international applicants only)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10063 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10063 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State11938 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5969 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.