The Mechanical Engineering program at University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC) aims to train engineering scientists who will devote their professional careers to the development of fundamental knowledge and technology from which applications will emerge.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Supplementary courses are intended to round out a student’s overall program of study and can be used to define a secondary area of study, to pursue a useful but un-focused study, and/or to gain credit for further mathematics courses. Supplementary courses should be primarily from one of the thematic areas within the Mechanical Engineering Department.
- However, courses from other departments in the College of Engineering and from other branches of the physical, mathematical, or biological sciences may also be included to round out a student’s overall program of study.
- All courses from outside the Mechanical Engineering Department must have prior approval of the student’s academic advisor and the Graduate Program Director.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 148 other PhDs in General Engineering & Technology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Overall GPA > 3.3 on the 4 point system.
- International students whose Universities do not mark on this system should either rank in the top 10% of their class or graduate in the high first division with distinction. U.S. students whose overall GPA is >3.0 but <3.3 may be admitted as a non-degree seeking student to demonstrate academic performance in up to two core courses.
- GRE (Quantitative) >153. The GRE is mandatory for international students and can be waived only in exceptional circumstances. The GRE is not required for domestic students with GPA above 3.3.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23580 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23580 USD per year
National23580 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23580 USD per year
In-State14814 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14814 USD per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.