Beyond mastering the substantive content in these fields of study and developing their own research agendas, students are expected to develop a strong understanding of the tools and approaches central to the scientific study of politics. The program requires students to complete 60 credits beyond the Bachelor of Arts or 48 credits beyond the Master of Arts.
The Political Science program at University of Nevada, Las Vegas seeks to prepare students for both academic and non-academic careers. The former includes academic positions at colleges and universities, and the latter includes employment with public, private, and non-profit organizations and institutions. It is expected that the students will complete the program in five to six years.
- To prepare students for job opportunities in higher education and the private sector.
- To develop advanced theoretical and methodological knowledge in the major fields of Political Science.
- To allow students to acquire the appropriate research skills to engage in high quality original scholarship.
- To develop the ability to write competent, sophisticated research publishable in peer-reviewed outlets.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- American National Government: Principles
- American National Government: Structure and Processes
- Advanced Studies in American Politics
- Comparative Political Behavior
- International Political Economy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Policy Political Science View 26 other PhDs in Political Science in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants must submit satisfactory Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test scores. The recommended score is a total of 160 on the verbal and 148 on the quantitative sections. We also pay attention to the analytical score. The applicant's undergraduate record is examined in conjunction with the GRE scores. The former is weighed more heavily than the latter: an outstanding undergraduate record may well allow the admission of an applicant with GRE scores somewhat below the recommended level.
- Applicants must possess a B.A. or equivalent from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum GPA of 3.30, or M.A. or equivalent from an accredited institution with a minimum GPA of 3.50. Under special circumstances the department may consider applicants with lower GPAs.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year
National23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year
In-State6869 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6869 USD per year
Living costs for Las Vegas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.