At ERAU, students in the Human Factors program learn amid industry experts and gain access to a wide variety of training facilities capable of supporting research program objectives.
ERAU lab facilities include two flight simulators that emulate technically advanced aircraft, simulation of unmanned aerial systems, team performance lab, physiology and color vision lab, and a motion sickness lab.
The availability of ongoing projects and research across the campus provides students with opportunity for collaborative engagement.
About Human Factors at the Daytona Beach
The objective of this Human Factors program at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is to provide highly-qualified students an opportunity to complete a rigorous program in Human Factors, equipping students with advanced knowledge, skills, and techniques in research that are relevant to Human Factors.
The emphasis in the curriculum is highly quantitative in nature, providing these students with a robust skill set for research development and data analysis. The program focuses on core educational elements of the discipline including sensation, perception, cognition and statistics, with specializations offered in three key research areas:
- Aviation/aerospace human factors
- Medical human factors
- Technology-enhanced learning and testing
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Design and Analysis
- Multivariate Statistics: Factor Analysis and Data Reduction
- Human Factors in Systems
- Human Factors Methods
- Sensation and Perception
- Memory and Cognition
- Human-Computer Interaction
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Management Studies Human Resource Management View 119 other PhDs in Education in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applicants to the Ph.D. program in Human Factors must have an overall satisfactory academic record with a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale for their last 60 credit hours of the bachelor degree and have taken the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) within 5 years of application. Applicants must have a minimum score of 300.
- The application should include a statement of purpose (two to five pages), official copies of transcripts and three letters of recommendation.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20460 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20460 USD per year during 60 months.
National20460 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20460 USD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Daytona Beach
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.