The Counseling Psychology program from Auburn University requires you to complete a full-time, one-year, pre-doctoral internship. With this degree, you are trained to provide direct psychological services in various settings.
- These settings include private practice, college/university counseling centers, medical settings, correctional facilities, and Veterans Administration hospitals.
- Our curriculum is built on the scientist-practitioner model for health service psychology training. We focus on the integration of the science and practice of counseling psychology. Multicultural and social justice perspectives are emphasized throughout the curriculum.
The Counseling Psychology program is accredited by the American Psychological Association. The program was most recently re-accredited following a site visit in fall 2017. The next re-accreditation visit is scheduled to take place in 2027.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Contemporary Issues in Counseling Psychology
- Advanced Assessment and Diagnosis in Counseling
- Counseling Theories
- Counseling Diverse Populations
- Group Counseling
- Advanced Measurement Theory
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling View 38 other Masters in Counselling in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Complete the Graduate School Application
- Submit Official College Transcripts
- Submit Official GRE Scores
- Submit TOEFL Report
Living costs for Auburn
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.