Electrical and Computer Engineering PhD students at Brigham Young University collaborate with a faculty advisor on a topic that may have a lasting influence on theoretical understanding or on professional practice.
Coursework is required on advanced topics in electrical and computer engineering. Students may also take courses in related fields, including physics, mathematics, or computer science.
- Communicate difficult technical concepts both orally and in writing.
- Mastery of fundamental concepts in Electrical and Computer Engineering.
- Conduct independent research.
- Disseminate research results through peer-review and publication.
- Teach or mentor other students in classroom or directed research activities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The PhD is primarily a research experience that requires an ability to identify, investigate, formulate, and solve new problems of interest.
- The results of the work are reported in a dissertation and in the peer-reviewed research literature.
- PhD graduates are able to act with considerable independence and assume major responsibilities and are prepared for a wide range of career choices in industry, government agencies, and academia.
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Computer Sciences View 26 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- BS in electrical or computer engineering or similar discipline
- Applicants with an international undergraduate degree should upload unofficial transcripts, diplomas, and mark sheets in the Department Documents section for initial review.
- The application must be submitted for the department to review transcripts. Do this before requesting an evaluation from an agency. Upon recommendation for admission, the evaluation fee will be paid for by the department.
Living costs for Provo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.