- Scientific foundation of the pharmacology PhD program at Weill Cornell Graduate School trains students in areas of modern biology and biomedical engineering. The program's mission, facilitated by the broad scope of research conducted by the its faculty, is to provide students with the foundation necessary for pursuing research activities in cancer biology, the neurosciences, cardiovascular physiology, toxicology, clinical pharmacology, proteomics, metabolomics, drug design and synthesis, and translational research.
- The research activities of the program's faculty are broad and include cancer biology, neurobiology, cardiovascular physiology, drug metabolism, toxicology, proteomics, receptors and signal transduction, and drug design and synthesis. Some of the research focuses on developing and evaluating novel therapies for a variety of diseases, and several faculty members have clinical involvements at Weill Cornell Medical College (WCMC) or Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center (MSKCC). This allows students in the Pharmacology program to perform research that will result in better or new therapies for serious medical conditions such as cancer, epilepsy, neurodegenerative disorders, infectious diseases, pain and heart disease.
- Accelerating Bio Venture Innovation (ABI)
- Critical Analysis of the Scientific Literature in Pharmacology
- Drug Development: From Molecule to Prescription
- Essential Principles of Pharmacology
- Neuropharmacology I: Genes, Drugs and Behavior
- Neuropharmacology II: Neuropeptides, Pain and Drugs of Abuse
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Pharmacy Complementary & Alternative Medicine View 95 other PhDs in Human Medicine in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A statement of purpose
- English language proficiency
International29500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29500 USD per year during 24 months.
National29500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29500 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Ithaca
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.