- Combining the faculties of the departments of Real Estate and Business Economics & Public Policy, Wharton’s Applied Economics program leverages the breadth and depth of its faculty to prepare students for careers doing frontier theoretical and empirical research.
- With the Applied Economics at the University of Pennsylvania students can focus on a variety of research areas, including Behavioral Economics, Development and International Economics, Energy and Environmental Economics, Health Economics, Industrial Organization and Regulation, Labor Economics, Law and Economics, Market Design, Public Economics, Risk and Insurance, Urban Economics and Real Estate.
- Students may also develop an inter-disciplinary focus by taking courses and working with faculty in some of the other departments at Wharton such as Finance, Health Care Management, Management, and Marketing.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Microeconomic Theory
- Macroeconomic Theory
- Development Economics
- Industrial Economics and Business Regulation
- Market Design
- Public Economics and Political Economy
- Urban Economics and Real Estate
- Behavioral Economics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Marketing Econometrics View 17 other Masters in Econometrics in United States
- Letters of recommendation
- Academic history
International39470 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39470 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National39470 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39470 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
- All admitted Wharton Doctoral students are provided guaranteed funding for five years that covers the cost of tuition, fees, health insurance, and provides a stipend. In contrast with other top Economics PhD programs, we only require one semester of teaching assistant work during the third year of the program, and one semester of research or teaching assistant work during the fourth year. All financial aid awards are contingent upon a student's satisfactory academic progress.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.