- The program at the University of Pennsylvania is designed to ensure that students acquire a thorough knowledge of economic theory, econometric methods, and the structure of modern economies, before beginning their own research under faculty supervision. While the program covers all major areas of economics, it has particular strengths in micro theory (especially game theory), empirical microeconomics, and modern macroeconomics.
- The Graduate Group in Economics requires that students complete at least 16 courses in economics or related fields, of which a maximum of eight may be transferred from other institutions. Some of these course units may be earned by attending and participating in workshops. After two years in the program, students are expected to begin their dissertations.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Microeconomic Theory
- Econometrics: Fundamentals
- Topics in Public Economics
- Dissertation Projects in Economic Theory
- Topics in Macroeconomic Theory and Intl Finance
- Macro Financial Friction
- Decision Theory
- Letters of recommendation
- Academic history
International37678 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37678 USD per year during 60 months.
National37678 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37678 USD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.