The Finance at the University of Pennsylvania prepares students for careers in research and teaching at the world’s leading academic institutions, focusing on Asset Pricing and Portfolio Management, Corporate Finance, International Finance, Financial Institutions and Macroeconomics.
Wharton’s Finance faculty, widely recognized as the finest in the world, has been at the forefront of several areas of research. For example, members of the faculty have led modern innovations in theories of portfolio choice and savings behavior, which have significantly impacted the asset pricing techniques used by researchers, practitioners, and policymakers.
Another example is the contribution by faculty members to the analysis of financial institutions and markets, which is fundamental to our understanding of the trade-offs between economic systems and their implications for financial fragility and crises.
Faculty research, both empirical and theoretical, includes such areas as:
- Structure of financial markets
- Formation and behavior of financial asset prices
- Banking and monetary systems
- Corporate control and capital structure
- Saving and capital formation
- International financial markets
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Financial Economics
- Corporate Finance & Financial Institutions
- Empirical Methods
- Intertemporal Macroeconomics and Finance
- Methods in Finance Theory
- Continuous – Time Financial Economics
- Financial Economics under Imperfect Information
- Topics in Asset Pricing
- Empirical Methods in Corporate Finance
- Topics in Corporate Finance
- International Finance
- Empirical Methods in Asset Pricing
- Applied Quantitative Methods in Finance
- Behavioral Finance
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance View 39 other Masters in Finance in United States
- Letters of recommendation
- Academic history
International39470 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39470 USD per year and a duration of 60 months.
National39470 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39470 USD per year and a duration of 60 months.
- All admitted Wharton doctoral students receive a fellowship that covers the cost of tuition and health insurance, and provides a stipend. It is expected that a similar level of financial aid may be awarded for up to 5 years. All financial aid awards are contingent upon a student's satisfactory academic progress.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.