Epidemiology and Translational Science from University of California, San Francisco is a three- to four-year course of study for individuals who wish to pursue independent research careers in epidemiology and translational science and who have already completed training at the master's level in epidemiology, public health or a related field.
Students at Epidemiology and Translational Science from University of California, San Francisco will gain knowledge in:
- Cancer epidemiology
- Cardiovascular and neurologic disorders
- Clinical epidemiology
- Environmental and occupational epidemiology
- Genetic epidemiology
- Global health
- Implementation science
- Infectious disease epidemiology
- Reproductive, perinatal and neonatal epidemiology
- Research in epidemiologic methods
- Social epidemiology
- Epi Methods
- Clinical Epi
- Research Rotation
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Human Medicine Bioinformatics View 46 other PhDs in Bioinformatics in United States
- A bachelor’s degree with at least a 3.0 GPA
- A prior master’s degree in a field relevant to health research, such as epidemiology, public health, clinical research or a related technical field such as statistics or computer science with at least a 3.0 GPA
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal History Statement
- Statement of Purpose
- Research Experience and Research Summary
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Scores TOEFL or IELTS for non-native English Speakers, if required
International11442 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11442 USD per year during 36 months.
National11442 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11442 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for San Francisco
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.