The MAGIC program offers students the opportunity to develop a historical perspective on our interconnected world and provides multiple avenues for students to engage with the issues and insights that arise from an international historical perspective.
- The History program at Georgetown University provides a foundation for professional participation in the world of global affairs as well as strong preparation for doctoral studies.
- Students both delve deeply into the history of a particular world region and situate that same region within a broader context through the study of transnational, comparative, and thematic trends.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Coursework in our program is intended to provide students with a solid knowledge of historiography in their specialty, substantial experience in archival research, and the opportunity to explore new fields, themes, and methods of inquiry.
- Generally, doctoral students take three courses each semester for their first two years in the program. All students must take the Core Colloquium in their first semester and complete a two-semester research seminar.
- Global and International History
- Pacific Empires
- African and the History of Capitalism
- Divided Germany
- The Magic of History
- Europe and the Early Modern Wor1d
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Application Form
- Non-refundable Application Fee
- Statement of Purpose (500 words max)
- Writing Sample (20-25 pages for MAGIC; minimum 25 pages for PhD)
- Supplemental Data Form (MAGIC program only)
- Transcripts – Applicants are required to upload to the application system copies of official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended.
- Official Recommendations (3)
- GRE General Test
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.