- Numerous interdisciplinary programs are available, and include the Cornell Institute for Social and Economic Research, the Peace Studies Program, the Mario Einaudi Center for International Studies, and various area programs.
- Early in their first semester, doctoral students meet with the director of graduate studies and several faculty members to discuss the first year's program. At the end of the first year, students form their Special Committee, which guides and supervises subsequent academic preparation and dissertation research.
- By the end of the third year of residence, or sooner if possible, students are expected to have taken the Admission to Candidacy examination. The exam is given in three parts: a written exam in the student's major and minor subjects; an extended research paper in the student's specialized field of interest; and an oral exam conducted by the Special Committee.
- The written exam is normally taken before the end of the second year; the oral exam, at the beginning of the third. At the oral exam, the student presents a thesis proposal outlining the hypothesis, data, methods, and resources needed to carry out the dissertation research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Graduate Courses include:
- American Politics
- Comparative Politics
- International Relations
- Political Methodology (Minor)
- Political Thought
- Public Policy (Minor)
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Political Science View 24 other PhDs in Political Science in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A statement of purpose
- English language proficiency
International29500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29500 USD per year during 36 months.
National29500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29500 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Ithaca
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.