- The Fine Arts Library in Sibley Hall has extensive holdings in art and architectural history; Olin and Kroch Libraries have excellent resources in history, literature, and other related fields. Particularly notable are the special collections on Dante, Petrarch, witchcraft, the history of science, East Asia, and Southeast Asia.
- The Herbert F. Johnson Museum of Art is particularly strong in modern and Asian art. It also has a study collection in other fields, including a rich print collection. A study gallery and classroom in the museum make it a regular part of instruction.
- The Department of History of Art has a collection of over 300,000 slides and a study collection of photographs of works of art.
- The field sponsors a colloquium including graduate students in the field. Students are also encouraged to participate in one of many interdisciplinary groups in theory, medieval studies, the Renaissance colloquium, the Southeast Asia program, and others.
- Students interested in the history of architecture and urban development may want to consider the Field of Architecture.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Concentrations by Subject:
- 19th century art
- African, African American, and African Diaspora
- American art
- Ancient art and archaeology
- Asian American art
- Baroque art
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Archaeology Art History View 11 other Masters in Art History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A statement of purpose
- English language proficiency
International29500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29500 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National29500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29500 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.