An advanced degree in Economics at the The Ohio State University offers an exciting range of career choice in academia, business and government.\
- About 80 graduate students are in the economics PhD program. Our entering class consists of approximately 15-20 students selected from a very competitive pool of approximately 300 applicants from all over the world. In recent years, we have ranked in the top echelon of all departments at The Ohio State University in the number of university fellowships awarded to new graduate students. Almost all of our PhD students are supported through research and teaching assistantships with competitive stipends and full tuition waiver. We also provide conference travel support, dissertation research support and support for the job market preparations of our dissertation students.
- The dedication of our graduate faculty to excellence in economics education is reflected in the depth and breadth of their research activities. Our faculty includes three Fellows of the Econometric Society and several editors and associate editors of top-ranked economics journals. We are in the Top 10 ranked economics programs among public universities and in the top 25 of all U.S. economics departments in terms of publication productivity.
- Mathematics and Statistics for Economists
- Microeconomic Theory
- Microeconomic Theory
- Advanced Econometrics
- Advanced Macroeconomics
- International Economics
- Labor Economics
- Industrial Organization
- Experimental & Behavioral Economics
- Economic Theory
- Economics of Uncertainty
- Economic History
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Econometrics View 17 other PhDs in Econometrics in United States
Submit documentation that demonstrates fulfillment of the following:
- A baccalaureate or professional degree (or equivalent foreign credential)
- A minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- Prerequisite training that will enable you to pursue your program
- Standardized test score (GRE or GMAT)
International40507 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40507 USD per year during 60 months.
National37140 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37140 USD per year during 60 months.
In-State12424 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12424 USD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Columbus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Graduate and professional students at Ohio State have a variety of funding options available to them, including associateships and other employment, fellowships, loans and scholarships.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.