- The Germanic Languages and Literatures programme is offered at the The Ohio State University
- Its sixteen faculty members offer a comprehensive course of study that covers literary and cultural studies, intellectual history and German for the professions as well as in-depth specializations that include film studies, aesthetic philosophy, gender studies, cognitive studies, minority literature, ecocriticism, second language studies, Germanic linguistics, Scandinavian Studies, and Yiddish and Ashkenazic Studies.
- The program encompasses advanced coursework, the writing of independent research papers on the seminar level, the successful completion of a written Candidacy Examination followed by an oral examination of approximately two hours for admission to candidacy for the degree, the submission of a dissertion prospectus to be approved by the Dissertation Committee, and the presentation and defense of a dissertation that is a scholarly contribution to knowledge in the field.
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguages Literature Linguistics View 47 other PhDs in Linguistics in United States
Submit documentation that demonstrates fulfillment of the following:
- A baccalaureate or professional degree (or equivalent foreign credential)
- A minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- Prerequisite training that will enable you to pursue your program
- Standardized test score (GRE or GMAT)
International40507 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40507 USD per year during 60 months.
National37140 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37140 USD per year during 60 months.
In-State12424 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12424 USD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Columbus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Graduate and professional students at Ohio State have a variety of funding options available to them, including associateships and other employment, fellowships, loans and scholarships.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.