- Students master techniques of analysis of urban-regional systems as they relate to public and private decision making, with heavy emphasis on mathematical models and quantitative methods. Students are fully exposed to the existing and newly developing social science theory that directly relates to the multidisciplinary approach of regional science.
- Regional Science is a ‘second-order’ field for the study of socioeconomic problems with a regional or spatial dimension by means of diverse combinations of analytical and empirical research methods. Among the subjects investigated by regional scientists are regional and urban development, interregional systems networks, economic geography, regional interactions and institutional systems, regional trade and inter-industry analysis, the environment and natural resource use, land-use patterns, industrial location, transportation and migration, spatial agglomeration and fragmentation of activities, and the analysis of spatial data.
- Graduates of Cornell master’s degree and doctoral programs in Regional Science are positioned for careers as researchers and policy analysts at the highest levels in national and regional governments, academic institutions, corporations, and international organizations. The program provides thorough instruction in spatial, interregional, and location theory within the context of economic, social, and political systems, and training in the use of analytical techniques as they relate to policy and public and private decision-making.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Concentrations By Subject
- Environmental Studies
- International Spatial Problems
- Location Theory
- Multiregional Economic Analysis
- Peace Science
- Planning Methods
- Urban And Regional Economics
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 10 other PhDs in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A statement of purpose
- English language proficiency
International20800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20800 USD per year during .
National20800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20800 USD per year during .
Living costs for Ithaca
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.