Our program is housed within the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering and located in Scott Lab, a building with state-of-the-art teaching and research facilities. Our research is further strengthened by the presence of Ohio State's Nuclear Reactor Lab (OSU-NRL). The Nuclear Engineering programme is offered by The Ohio State University.
Our graduates work for a variety of organizations, including research laboratories, design organizations, nuclear power plants, academic institutions and regulatory organizations. Students work side-by-side with faculty on projects for research sponsors such as the Department of Energy, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, NASA, DOE national laboratories, nuclear power plants and others.
- Partial Differential Equations for Science and Engineering
- Radiation Protection and Shielding
- Nuclear Radiations and Their Measurements
- Nuclear Reactor Systems and Analysis
- Reactor Theory
- Nuclear Reactor Dynamics
- Reactor Dynamics Laboratory
- Nuclear Engineering Design
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Energy & Power Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 132 other PhDs in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- The equivalent of a four-year bachelor's or advanced degree from an accredited college or university, earned by the expected date of entry into your graduate program.
- A minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale or equivalent) for the last bachelor's or advanced degree earned.
- Transcripts or other credentials documenting that you have completed prerequisite academic work.
- Standardized test score (GRE or GMAT)
International40605 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40605 USD per year
National37396 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37396 USD per year
In-State12679 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12679 USD per year
Living costs for Columbus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.