Located in the heart of the Sonoran Desert, The University of Arizona provides a unique interdisciplinary environment as well as a natural living laboratory for the study of arid and semi-arid lands. These dynamic lands encompass nearly one-third of the Earth’s total land surface and embody one-fifth of its total population.
Increasing pressures on these considerable and important regions demand increased attention be given to the ecological, economic, and socio-cultural factors that affect them. The Arid Lands Resource Sciences program at University of Arizona is a unique interdisciplinary doctoral program aimed at addressing the complex problems of sustainability of arid lands.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Arid and Semiarid Lands
- Physical Aspects of Arid Lands
- Arid Lands Current Research
- Natural & Human Impacts on Arid Lands
- Use and Management of Arid Lands
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSoil Science Natural Resource Management View 14 other PhDs in Natural Resource Management in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Official transcripts of all previous college or university work.
- Graduate Records Examination scores no more than five years old.
- A list of publications and special papers (whether published or not). Reprints of journal articles are helpful but not necessary.
- A minimum of three letters of reference. Letters should be from academic advisors as well as from professional supervisors.
- A brief statement, submitted separately or as part of your curriculum vitae, setting forth your long-range professional plans, such as the type of work you plan to pursue upon completion of the doctoral program.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 60 months.
National33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 60 months.
In-State13400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13400 USD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.