The field of biomedical engineering has seen a dramatic escalation in activity over the past 20 years leading to the development of a wide variety of medical devices, medical procedures, and a basic understanding of biological processes.
The University of Arizona established the Biomedical Engineering Graduate Program to address the increasing importance of engineering approaches in modern biomedical research and new medical technologies.
The strength of the Biomedical Engineering program from University of Arizona is derived from the breadth of research activities among our interdisciplinary faculty. Faculty from numerous departments within the Colleges of Medicine, Engineering, and Arts & Sciences participate in this interdisciplinary graduate program.
The major research areas are Biomedical Imaging and Spectroscopy, Bioinoformatics, Bioinstrumentation and Devices, Biomaterals and Tissue Engineering, Biomechanics, Biosensors, Cardiovascular Biomedical Engineering, Neuroengineering, Nanomedicine, and all inbetween.
Gain the Skills to Improve Health Care
BME’s educational programs not only deliver a solid theoretical foundation in science and engineering, but also students gain the applied hands-on skills to design and build biomedical devices, instruments and systems.
Acquire the knowledge to contribute to improving health care. Learn how to create better and more cost-effective technologies for prevention, detection and treatment of health-related issues.
Be part of the revolution occurring in biomedicine!
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- A BME Doctoral student may choose to major and minor in Biomedical Engineering, i.e. obtain a "Distributed Minor in Biomedical Engineering". The distributed minor consists of 9 units of formal graded course work in any area of Biomedical Engineering (excluding major course work, seminars, and lab rotations).
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biology Bioinformatics View 190 other Masters in Biology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Official transcripts of current Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores
- A 1-2 page essay or statement of purpose describing your background, research interests and career goals.
- Three letters of recommendation from former professors or individuals knowledgeable about your academic and scientific abilities.
- An original official transcript. Applicants are required to have a bachelor’s degree in enginering, mathematics, physical sciences, or quantitative life sciences for admission into the Program, with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10063 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
National20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10063 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
In-State11938 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5969 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.