- Our program at the Northwestern University offers two different tracks in training Marketing scholars: a consumer behavior (sometimes called “CB”) track, and a quantitative marketing (sometimes called “Quant”) track. Both tracks focus on understanding the impact of marketing activity on consumers and firms. However, they differ in terms of the theories and methods used to analyze data. Consumer behavior researchers tend to focus on psychological aspects of a consumer’s decision-making process and analyze data collected through laboratory studies and field experiments.
- Quantitative marketing researchers often draw on theories of behavior from related social sciences (e.g., economics, psychology, sociology), use data from observational and archival sources and field experiments, and analyze the data using advanced statistical and econometric techniques.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Active Research Areas:
- brand management; competitive advantage; data analytics and analysis; pricing and promotion; channel management; statistical learning; digital marketing; uncertainty, motivation, and consumer identity characteristics; judgment and decision making; trust and deception in market exchanges; neuro-marketing.
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We accept applications once a year, fall quarter only.
DisciplinesMarketing Business Intelligence & Analytics View 6 other PhDs in Business Intelligence & Analytics in United States
- Academic Background
- Statement of Purpose
- Recommendation Letters
- Test Scores
- Certification of Proficiency in English
Living costs for Evanston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.