We offer a Wildlife Ecology degree at The University of Maine. Furthermore, each candidate must have completed a program of study in a discipline ancillary to wildlife.
- Evaluation of the Ph.D. candidate with respect to the above objectives will include (1) a comprehensive examination testing the candidate’s breadth of general knowledge as well as his/her comprehensive knowledge in the fields of wildlife biology and management, and (2) a final oral defense of the research and research specialty.
- The ancillary studies requirement may be met through the Course work, or via other opportunities for personal development agreed upon by the student’s graduate committee.
- The credit hour requirement for doctoral students in Wildlife Ecology shall include a minimum of 50 credit hours, which may include a maximum of 30 credit hours from the Master’s program.
- A minimum of 35 credit hours will be in course work, of which 20 hours must be in graduate level (500/600) courses. Thesis credits do not count toward course credit requirements.
- At least six credits of thesis are required. PhD students are expected to be engaged in full-time work on their PhD program for a minimum of two full years; most programs last three to five years.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 basis).
- An undergraduate degree in wildlife ecology or biology or a closely-related discipline is generally required.
- And applicants are encouraged to take the GRE exams.
Living costs for Orono
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.