The Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner DNP plan of study offered by the University of San Francisco offers two options for completion, based on your level of degree upon entry. The focus is on differential diagnosis of medical disorders with psychiatric symptoms, and on medication treatment for psychiatric disorders.
As a PMHNP, you'll be:
- Equipped to provide a wide range of services to adults, children, adolescents, and their families in primary care facilities, outpatient mental health clinics, psychiatric emergency settings, skilled nursing and assisted living facilities, private practices, or in hospital or community health centers.
- Trained to diagnose, conduct therapy, and prescribe medications for patients who have psychiatric disorders, medical organic brain disorders or substance abuse problems. Licensed to provide emergency psychiatric services, psychosocial and physical assessment of their patients, treatment plans, and manage patient care.
- Serve as consultants or as educators for families and staff.
- Focused on psychiatric diagnosis, including the differential diagnosis of medical disorders with psychiatric symptoms, and on medication treatment for psychiatric disorders.
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree, Master of Science in Nursing degree, Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree, and post-graduate APRN certificate programs at the University of San Francisco, School of Nursing and Health Professions are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Community Health Nursing Practicum
- Foundations of CNL Leadership
- Introductory Pathophysiology and Pharmacology
- Principles of Epidemiology
- Health Promotion of Families and Individuals
- Healthcare Systems Leadership
- Medical-Surgical Nursing I
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing Health Sciences View 79 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- A completed online application and fee
- Completion of a master's degree (in any field) from an accredited institution
- Unofficial transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation:
- A professional résumé
- Statement of professional goals
- Documentation of RN license
- Certification of Finances form or Letter of Support
- Bank statement(s) that indicate funds for the total costs
- A copy of passport copy
- English Language Exam: Official TOEFL, IELTS or PTE scores
- International Transcripts: Your transcripts need to be in the original language of your university, AND in English translation.
International1480 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1480 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1480 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1480 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.