The Physical Therapy program offered by University of Vermont includes coursework related to the science and art of physical therapy, including basic, clinical and applied sciences and concepts of practice management, health policy, and ethics and quality in health care, preparing graduates to provide patient-centered care in an evolving and complex health care environment. Seminars, lectures, and hands-on lab experiences allow students to integrate clinical, theoretical, and professional concepts.
The DPT program goals are derived from our mission and values to:
- Provide an educational environment in which curriculum-guiding principles are integrated with ethical and legal professional practice.
- Offer an evidence-based curriculum that prepares graduates for contemporary best practice.
- Admit highly qualified students who are willing to actively engage in their learning experience while supporting the mission and educational outcomes of the University, College, and DPT program.
- Recruit students who are committed to embrace the values of this program within their future practice environments.
- Prepare students to engage in outreach and personal life-long learning.
- Attract and support faculty who excel in teaching, research, and service.
- Encourage faculty to support the academic needs and professional formation of the DPT students.
- Prepare graduates to achieve desired educational outcomes of the program.
- Develop graduates with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes to succeed in a constantly changing health care environment.
- Movement Science
- Patient Management
- Understanding Evidence in PT Practice
- Professional Seminar
- Patient Management
- Clinical Internship
- Quality in Health Care
- Psychosocial Issues in Health
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Physiotherapy Health Sciences View 161 other PhDs in Health Sciences in United States
All applicants must complete the following prerequisite courses with a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or greater prior to entry into the program:
- Two semesters of anatomy/physiology
- Two semesters of college chemistry with labs
- Two semesters of physics with labs
- Two semesters of biology (not botany or zoology)
- One semester of psychology
- One semester of statistics
International51600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1720 USD per credit during 48 months.
National51600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1720 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State20490 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 683 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Burlington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.