Our Statistics graduate students from The University of New Mexico engage in research with our faculty and faculty from other units or the National Laboratories.
- Much of the output of these graduate research projects can be seen in the resulting MS Thesis and PhD Dissertations of our students. Recent theses and disertations are available online at the digital repository of UNM.
- Graduate students in our department have gone on to successful careers in the mathematical sciences: in academia, industry, national laboratories, government, as teaching professionals: K12 education, colleges, and universities across the US and the world; as data analysts: working in hospitals, insurance companies and start-ups.
- Centennial Science and Engineering Library: this facility holds an extensive collection of book and journals.
- UNM Center for Advanced Research Computing: Available to all UNM students, this center provides access to numerous high performance, multi-processor computers. AHPCC also provides a visualization and parallel computing lab with tutorials and workshops.
- In-house Computing Resources: The Mathematics & Statistics Department maintains an in-house variety of server and desktop computers. We also maintain our own computing lab.
- UNM Computing Resources: There are many computer pod/classrooms across campus maintained by the Information Technology Services (ITS) department of the University.
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesStatistics Actuarial Science View 19 other PhDs in Actuarial Science in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applications for admission to the department must be processed and approved by the Office of Admissions (domestic students) or the UNM Global Education Office (international students) before candidates are chosen.
- The completed graduate application will contain a letter of intent (mention in this letter if you are interested in an Assistantship), and three letters of recommendation-- at least two of these should be from Ph.D. faculty.
- The Department recommends that should you wish to have GRE scores sent you should take the Specialized Math GRE, but GRE scores are not required at the present time.
Living costs for Albuquerque
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.