The mission of the Research, Measurement, and Evaluation doctoral program from University of Miami, is to provide students with the requisite training in the application of statistical and measurement methodologies to conduct original research in the fields of educational research and measurement methodology, and to serve as experts in the areas of research design, data analysis, and measurement.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate mastery of the computer programing skills that is required for conducting research project using computer simulation in R.
- Students will conduct original research in the field of statistical and measurement methodology.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to provide methodological consultation.
- Quantitative Methods
- Research Methods
- Applied Multivariate Statistics
- Item Response Theory
- An Introduction to Structural Equation Modeling for Multivariable Data
- Multilevel Modeling
- Advanced Topics In Research, Measurement, And Evaluation
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducational Research Statistics View 30 other PhDs in Educational Research in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- achieve acceptable scores on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) taken within the past five years. International applicants whose native language is not English or applicants whose degrees are from a non-U.S. University must pass the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing Systems (IELTS) and the GRE;
- provide official transcripts showing completion of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and an acceptable undergraduate grade point average.
- provide three letters of recommendation that address the issues and meet the criteria established by the program being applied to;
- provide a personal statement that addresses the mission and purpose of the program being applied to;
- take part in an admissions interview (required by some programs); and
International28644 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2170 USD per credit during 60 months.
National28644 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2170 USD per credit during 60 months.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.