Included are courses on normal processing and research methods, as well as on the etiology, symptomatology, prevention and remediation of disorders of speech, language, and hearing.
The Communicative Disorders and Sciences programs from University at Buffalo, also allow students to qualify for New York State licensure needed for practice in outside educational settings. Students in the MA program in speech-language pathology also can qualify for New York State certification for teachers of students with speech-language disabilities.
- Acceptance in the Ph.D. program. Interim advisor is assigned if necessary.
- Selection of a major advisor and Doctoral Committee
- Develop a plan of study and schedule of relevant coursework. The plan of study form should be filled out and placed on file in the department
- Completion and presentation of First Year Project
- Completion and presentation of a pre-dissertation project/proposal
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Studies Public Health Health Sciences View 135 other PhDs in Health Sciences in United States
Admission requirements vary by program, but here we provide some general graduate admission requirements. Once you've read these general requirements, please contact your desired department for specific advice and details on submitting your application and documents.
To be eligible for graduate study at UB, we expect:
- A B-grade or higher
- Appropriate standardized test scores (DAT, GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MAT, MCAT, PCAT, etc.). Not all programs require test scores. See the official academic test scores section below for more information.
- Letters of recommendation.
- An internship or relevant work experience (for some programs).
International11550 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per year during 60 months.
National11550 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per year during 60 months.
In-State5655 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5655 USD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Fairfax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.