We seek junior colleagues who wish to explore deeply the practices and values of journalism, mass communication and the media professions. Successful applicants will be admitted for the fall semester, with an application deadline of February 1.
- The Journalism and Mass Communication program at University of Oklahoma is highly competitive, admitting and funding up to five students per year.
- We welcome applicants from across Oklahoma, the United States and the world – particularly those with three or more years of professional experience in journalism and mass communication disciplines.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Doctoral candidates will find a faculty with a wide range of interests encompassing a variety of approaches and perspectives related to the program’s three concentrations: News and Information, Strategic Communication and Media Arts.
- The program builds on a record of excellence in preparing master’s students for doctoral study, as evidenced by top-paper awards and paper presentations at national and international academic conferences in recent years.
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Journalism View 3 other Masters in Journalism in United States
- A 3.5 GPA (4.0 scale) in all previous graduate work
- Strong GRE scores
- Three letters of recommendation
- A one to two-page resume
- A written essay of 1,000 words minimum detailing the student’s reasonsfor pursuing the degree and the intended future application of thedegree
- International students are required by the university to take the TOEFL and IELTS exams, with a minimum score of 79 on TOEFL and a 6.5 minimum on the IELTS exam.
Living costs for Norman
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.