- Study and research of Materials Engineering at the University of Illinois at Chicago is available in the areas of metallurgy, ceramics, nanomaterials, electronic materials, composites, welding and joining, solidification, corrosion, and processing.
- Environmental Remediation Engineering
- Theory of Elasticity
- Engineering Hydrology
- Energy Methods in Mechanics
- Cities and Sustainable Infrastructure
- Structural Analysis and Design of Tall Buildings
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
108 from the baccalaureate.
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 33 other PhDs in Materials Science & Engineering in United States
- Applicants are considered on an individual basis. Complete transcripts for all undergraduate and any graduate work must be submitted.
- Baccalaureate Field Engineering or a related field.
- Tests Required GRE General, minimum Verbal score of 150 and minimum Quantitative score of 155 or minimum combined Verbal and Quantitative score of 305.
- Letters of Recommendation Three required.
- Personal Statement Required.
International7227 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7227 USD per year during 24 months.
7,227 - 17,714 USD
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.