Through the four-year residential Osteopathic Medicine degree program at Liberty University , you’ll learn how to understand health and disease so you can effectively diagnose and treat in order to improve a patient’s quality of life. Here, you’ll gain specialized training in the musculoskeletal system combined with the latest advances in medical technology. Learn how to treat more than symptoms as you help your patients achieve health in mind, body, and spirit.
In LUCOM’s distinctly Christian environment, you’ll be taught by experienced professors who place an emphasis on research, family, faith, ethics, professionalism, and success.
Career Opportunities with a DO Degree
As a board-certified osteopathic physician, you may practice in every state and in more than 65 countries worldwide. Licensed osteopathic physicians can:
- Practice medicine in all medical specialties
- Diagnose and treat patients
- Prescribe medications
- Perform surgery
- Work in a hospital caring for patients with injuries or life-threatening illnesses
- Teach future generations of physicians
- Conduct research and work in laboratories
- Study the cause of illnesses and look for better ways to treat diseases and injuries
- Run medical centers
Accredited by the American Osteopathic Association Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation (AOA-COCA), LUCOM will train you in taking a whole-person approach to patient treatment and care.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- OMS-I: Learn through standardized patients, simulation encounters, and patient-care opportunities. Your courses will take a system-based look at the normal structure and function of the human body as well as the pathological processes that affect human health. You’ll also begin cadaveric education in the lab.
- OMS-II: Get additional clinical exposure and more opportunities to work with both standardized and real patients under faculty supervision. You’ll take system-organized courses with an emphasis on pathological conditions, and your lab-based learning will include advanced cadaveric education.
- OMS-III: Work in clinical environments at one of LUCOM’s educational sites while studying best practices in each core discipline through online classes.
- OMS-IV: Explore Graduate Medical Education (GME) opportunities through rotations — medicine, emergency medicine, surgery, and up to five local and global electives.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine View 42 other Masters in Biomedicine in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Bachelor’s degree or higher. Or, you must have completed no less than 75% of the credits needed for a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university. Accreditation must be recognized by the United States Department of Education.
- 3.0 GPA and a 3.0 GPA in sciences. LUCOM has a preferred cumulative GPA of 3.4 or higher and a preferred science GPA of 3.4 or higher. This reflects greater probability for success in LUCOM and with the national board of examinations.
- 501 on the MCAT. No individual score of less than 123 will be considered for admissions. In very rare circumstances an exception may be made. LUCOM has a preferred MCAT standard of 504 or greater (cumulative) with no individual score of less than 125. Scores must be less than three years old. An average of the highest scores on multiple MCAT examinations will not be considered.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International47000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23500 USD per semester during 48 months.
National47000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23500 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Lynchburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.