Students may earn either a Master of Science (M.S.), or Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degree in CTS from the University of Arizona . While the CTS program is housed in the College of Medicine - Tucson, students may earn the Ph.D. either at the University's main Tucson campus or at the Phoenix biomedical campus.
The Clinical Translational Sciences program from University of Arizona is intended to provide the foundation for a research career in the Clinical Translational Sciences.
To achieve this aim, the student requires:
- an adequate base knowledge of biostatistics and CTS coursework that is specific to the student’s health-related discipline or clinical interest (e.g. Surgery, Cardiology, Neurology, etc.)
- experience and training in research, culminating in a major research project, and
- professional development including experience and training in presentation and publication of research findings, preparation of grant applications and teaching.
For Ph.D. students, a Minor program of study is also required in a discipline that is relevant to the student’s long-term scholarly goals.
The mission of the Ph.D program is to train the student to be a skilled researcher who can successfully address both clinical and basic science aspects of translational research.
The program provides an avenue for the student to gain experience in and exposure to the diverse areas of the clinical translational sciences and to offer a mechanism for the student to obtain in-depth knowledge in a specific area of medical research. To this end, students will work with a faculty mentor, contributing to the research done in the mentor’s lab and leading a specific laboratory or clinical research project that will form the basis of the student’s dissertation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cellular, Molecular and Neural Biology
- Principles of Surgery or Principles of Medicine
- Responsible Conduct of Research
- Individualized Scientific Writing
- Professional & Career Training Series
- Scientific Writing, Presentation and Bioethics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 159 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Letters of Recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- Test Scores
- Personal Statement
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10063 USD per semester during 12 months.
National20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10063 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State11938 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5969 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.