The Ph.D. in Public Health is designed to prepare students for careers in which advanced analytical and conceptual capabilities are required, such as university teaching, research, consulting, policy development or other high-level positions. The curriculum provides a comprehensive and interdisciplinary examination of topics and experiences necessary to produce graduates who are ready to secure employment in the public health arena.
The Ph.D. in Public Health at University of Nevada, Las Vegas offers four areas of concentration:
- Global and Environmental Health
- Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- Social and Behavioral Health
- Health Service Management and Policy
- Design and conduct independent research that generates new knowledge, and is characterized by conceptual and methodological rigor.
- Demonstrate excellence in applying the theoretical and problem solving aspects of public health in their specialty area.
- Demonstrate ethical choices, values and professional practices implicit in public health decisions.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of major local, national, and global public health issues in their field of specialization.
- Demonstrate a preparedness to pursue a lifetime of self-directed learning and professional development.
- Communicate knowledge and research findings to appropriate professional, scientific, policy, and lay audiences and demonstrate skills in translating research into practice or health policy.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Epidemiology and Research
- Intermediate Biostatistics for Public Health Research
- Implementation Science for Global Health
- Policy Analysis of Health Care Delivery and Financing
- Community Based Participatory Research Methods
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management View 98 other PhDs in Public Health in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Earned a bachelor's and Master's of Public Health (MPH) or a master's degree in an appropriate field from a regionally accredited university. Applicants educated outside of the United States will need to demonstrate proof of equivalent education and advanced degrees.
- A minimum grade point average of 3.0 (4.0=A) earned in a masters' program of study. The most competitive students will have a master's level GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Applicants must present competitive Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores on verbal, quantitative and analytical measures. GRE scores will be assessed relative to other applicants in the pool, as well as relative to other graduate programs at UNLV. The exam must have been taken with the institutions' graduate school/college requirements. The most competitive students will have a combined verbal/quantitative GRE score of 1200 (old test) /300 (new test) or higher. The GRE is required for all applicants.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year
National23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year
In-State6869 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6869 USD per year
Living costs for Las Vegas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.