You will find that school psychology is a stimulating and rewarding field. We hope that you will choose UNLV for your education and training. Feel free to reach out to any school psychology faculty for any questions, or just to chat!
The Ph.D. in School Psychology at University of Nevada, Las Vegas is rooted in training that emphasizes cultural diversity, a systems perspective (cultural ecological framework), and the integration of science and practice (scientist-practitioner model). Doctoral students are trained to be health service psychologists (HSPs), with a specialization in school psychology, who address psychological concerns through both scholarly research and the application of psychological knowledge and skills in practice.
Career possibilities upon graduation are excellent. School psychology consistently ranks at the top of the list for “best social service job” (top 1 and 2 in recent years) according to US News and World Report. Graduates are eligible to work as school psychologists, licensed health service psychologists, researchers, and professors.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Assessment of Intelligence by School Psychologists
- Psychoeducational Academic and Diagnostic Assessment
- Projective, Personality, and Behavioral Assessment by School Psychologists
- Evidence Based Interventions to Promote Mental Health
- Consultation Theory & Skills
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Psychology View 129 other PhDs in Education in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A bachelor's degree with an undergraduate grade point average of 3.00 or above.
- If graduate course work has been completed, a graduate grade point average of 3.00 or above.
- Fulfill english proficiency requirements as stated in the UNLV graduate english proficiency page.
- Three letters of reference from university faculty or other individuals qualified to judge the applicant's academic potential and professionalism.
- The applicant's personal statement of professional interests, career goals, research interests, and experiences and commitment to diversity. Two to three pages.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year
National23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year
In-State6869 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6869 USD per year
Living costs for Las Vegas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.