The Audiology program of the University of Florida is a campus-based program that:
- Prepares students for a professional career in audiology
- Provides a wide array of experiences in the practice of diagnostic and rehabilitative audiology
- Provides students with complex and diverse skills necessary to meet the challenges of the rapidly changing hearing health care field.
Graduates of this program are eligible for the Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology (CCC-A) administered by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, Board Certification in Audiology administered by the American Academy of Audiology, and for state licensure in audiology.
The on-campus program for bachelor’s-level applicants is a four-year graduate degree totaling 110 semester hours. The curriculum includes 78 hours of course work in basic sciences, applied audiology, clinical research, statistics, audiologic rehabilitation, medical neuroscience, neuro-otology, cochlear implants, pharmacology, health care administration, programmable and digital hearing aids, counseling, communication and aging, and speech-language pathology.During the remaining 32 hours of the program, students will receive clinical experience at the campus clinic. These practicum experiences utilize various resources at the University of Florida Health Science Center and affiliated hospitals in the North Florida area as well as the Veterans Administration Medical Center. The final clinical training hours will occur during the fourth year as part of an audiology externship placement.
- Anatomy & Physiology of Hearing & Balance
- Basic Auditory Sciences
- Principles of Audiologic Evaluation
- Initial Clinical Experience
- Medical Audiology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSpecial Education Health Sciences View 135 other PhDs in Health Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Use the CSDCAS application to:
- enter your personal and academic information,
- respond to program-specific questions,
- submit your recommendation letters (3 recommendation letters are required)
- upload required program documents:
- Your personal statement (400 to 500 words)
- Your resume (1- to 2-pages)
Fee: You must pay the $30.00 fee for the UF graduate application.
Academic Transcripts: You must also submit official copies of all of your academic transcripts directly to the university.
UF requires proficiency in spoken and written academic English.
International5040 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 448 USD per credit during 48 months.
National5040 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 448 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Gainesville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.