At Statistics from University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) students are encouraged to begin thinking about their research interests as early as possible. After the student identifies a dissertation topic, the chair of the dissertation committee becomes the student’s academic adviser.
Students at Statistics from University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) will:
- develop knowledge and skills in Statistics
- demonstrate the ability to conduct independent research and analysis in Statistics.
- make original contributions to the knowledge of Statistics and to interpret and present the results of such research.
- Applied Probability
- Theoretical Statistics
- High Dimensional Statistics
- Research Design, Sampling, and Analysis
- Statistical Modeling and Learning
- Advanced Modeling and Inference
- Statistics Programming
- Matrix Algebra and Optimization
- Your statement of purpose
- The Personal Statement
- English Proficiency
- 3 Letters of Recommendation, that emphasize the applicant's level of preparation for graduate study in Statistics
- For direct admission to the doctoral program, a grade-point average of at least 3.5 must be presented. Applicants who have already obtained a master's degree must have maintained an average of better than 3.5 in graduate study.
International32588 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32588 USD per year during 48 months.
National32588 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32588 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State17486 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17486 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Beverly Hills
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.