This full-time program emphasizes a strong foundation in both methodological and theoretical training. Candidates are expected to work closely with the Merage faculty members and, when appropriate, with faculty from other academic units on campus. A teaching requirement, supported by an ongoing seminar in pedagogy, will give you valuable experience in the classroom.
The doctoral program reflects the School's philosophy that a broad and cross-functional orientation is necessary to appreciate complex business problems that extend beyond the narrow confines of a particular discipline. Students planning academic careers can take advantage of teaching opportunities, along with instruction in teaching techniques that are especially effective in management education.Within the general field of management, many disciplines and technologies are appropriate for advanced study. Because you work closely with the Merage School faculty, areas of concentration often parallel the strengths of faculty members. These areas include accounting, finance, information systems, marketing, operations and decision technologies, and organization and management, and strategy. The doctoral program is divided into two phases, qualification and dissertation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Capital Markets Research in Accounting
- Theoretical & Empirical Research in Managerial Accounting
- Advanced Topics in Corporate Finance
- Advanced Topics in Investments
- Governance, Management & Impact
- Seminar on Digital Business
- PhD Seminar in Marketing Models
- PhD Seminar in Marketing Management and Strategy
Operations and Decision Technologies
- Stochastic Models in Operations & Decisions
- Research Seminars in Supply Chain Management
- Foundations of Organizational Theory
- Current Debates in Organizational Behavior
- PhD Seminar in Strategy Process
- PhD Seminar in Topics in Strategy
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership View 125 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
- Minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or its equivalent.
- Official GRE/GMAT test scores
- Three letters of recommendation
- One set of official original transcripts from all schools attended after high school. International applicants may have additional requirements such as English language proficiency tests.
International31152 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31152 USD per year during 60 months.
National16050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16050 USD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Irvine
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Qualified students admitted to the Doctoral Program may be offered a four year support package covering tuition, fees and a living stipend. This support is provided through a combination of scholarships, teaching assistantships and research assistantships, subject to terms described in the acceptance letter.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.