Rockefeller participates in the program jointly with its two neighbors: Weill Medical College and the Graduate School of Medical Sciences of Cornell University, and the Sloan-Kettering Institute at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center.
- Between 12 and 14 students enroll in this highly competitive program every year, and at any one time 25 or so are performing thesis research in Rockefeller University laboratories. Students spend their first two years in medical school, while also completing three research rotations.
- Following the completion of graduate studies and thesis research at either The Rockefeller University, the Gerstner Sloan-Kettering Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences or Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences, students receive their Ph.D. degrees and then reenter medical school to complete clinical rotations and receive their M.D. degrees.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- With more than 25 years of continuous funding through the Medical Scientist Training Program of the National Institutes of Health and significant institutional and foundation support, the Tri-Institutional M.D.-Ph.D. Program offers full tuition and stipends.
- Graduates typically go on to pursue clinical and advanced research training, and many alumni of the program occupy research, clinical and administrative positions at the nation’s top medical schools and academic medical centers.
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 159 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.