A graduate student in Applied Mathematics is expected to demonstrate both mastery of knowledge in mathematics and its applications, and ability to create new mathematical knowledge and innovative ways to apply mathematical tools to important problems in science, industry and society.
Each student is expected to demonstrate the following proficiencies. The Applied Mathematics program is offered by Cornell University.
- Make substantial original contributions to applied mathematics. This includes ability to identify new important and promising research problems; ability to think independently, critically and creatively; ability to complete research work by bringing it to the stage where it can be published and be used by the others.
- Maintain ability to acquire new knowledge by keeping up with the new developments in the field through professional publications and professional meetings.
- Ability to communicate effectively research findings and plans. This includes ability to present results in the format of technical papers and have them published in professional journals and conference proceedings; ability to explain complex ideas to peers in technical presentations; being aware of funding opportunities and ability to write effective research proposals and obtain research funding.
- Dedication to advancing science through effective teaching, advising, mentoring and service to professional community.
- Awareness of the ethical standards in the field, and ability to maintain and advance these standards.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The program involves a grounding in the methods of applied mathematics and studies of scientific areas in which significant applications of mathematics are made. The field has a broadly based interdepartmental faculty that can direct student programs in a large number of areas of the mathematical sciences.
- Many specialized or interdisciplinary programs can be designed for individual students, including, for example, a variety of possibilities in biomathematics.
- The dissertation is normally a mathematical contribution toward the solution of a problem arising outside mathematics.
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesApplied Mathematics Actuarial Science View 26 other Masters in Applied Mathematics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A statement of purpose
- English language proficiency
International29500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29500 USD per year and a duration of 60 months.
National29500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29500 USD per year and a duration of 60 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.