- PhD students at the The Ohio State University conduct independent, innovative and scholarly research within the field of Environment and Natural Resources.
- Students are expected to make an original contribution to the body of knowledge. They formulate research questions that probe the limits of what is known, identify the major issues involved, and develop a thorough understanding of the relevant theory bases and methodologies, demonstrate creativity in research design, use critical rigor to analyze and discuss their findings, and disseminate their research.
- Students have extensive freedom to customize the course selection in their program of study and include interdisciplinary coursework from other university departments.
Our faculty members specialize in seven different areas:
- Ecological Restoration
- Ecosystem Science
- Environmental Social Sciences
- Fisheries and Wildlife Science
- Forest Science
- Rural Sociology
- Soil Science
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesNatural Sciences Natural Resource Management Environmental Sciences View 13 other PhDs in Natural Resource Management in United States
Submit documentation that demonstrates fulfillment of the following:
- A baccalaureate or professional degree (or equivalent foreign credential)
- A minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- Prerequisite training that will enable you to pursue your program
- Standardized test score (GRE or GMAT)
International39423 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39423 USD per year
National36107 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36107 USD per year
In-State12523 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12523 USD per year
Living costs for Columbus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.